Skip to content
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Vertongen J, Kamper D. Design of a 3D printed hybrid mechanical structure for a hand exoskeleton. Current Directions in Biomedical Engineering 2020; 6.
- Zheng Y, Shin H, Kamper DG, Hu X. Automatic detection of contracting muscles regions via the deformation field of transverse ultrasound images: a feasibility study. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 2020;
- Vertongen J, Kamper D, Smit G, Vallery H. Mechanical aspects of robotic hands, active hand orthoses and prostheses: a comparative review. IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics 2020;
- Liu M, Kamper D, Huang H. An easy-to-use socket-suspension system monitor for lower limb amputees. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement 2020;
- Lee S, Qiu D, Fischer HC, Conrad MO, Kamper DG. Modulation of finger muscle activation patterns across postures is coordinated across all muscle groups. Journal of Neurophysiology 2020;
- Thielbar K, Spencer N, Tsoupikova D, Ghassemi M, Kamper D. Utilizing multi-user virtual reality to bring clinical therapy into stroke survivors’ homes. Journal of Hand Therapy 2020; 33: 246-253.
- Barry, AJ, Triandafilou KM, Stoykov ME, Bansal N, Roth EJ, Kamper DG. Survivors of chronic stroke experience continued impairment of dexterity but not strength in the nonparetic upper limb. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2020; 101: 1170-1175.
- Thielbar KO, Triandafilou KM, Barry AJ, Yuan N, Nishimoto A, Johnson J, Stoykov ME, Tsoupikova D, Kamper DG. Home-based upper extremity stroke therapy using a multi-user virtual reality environment: a randomized trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2020; 101: 196-203.
- Hollingshead L, Henry-Etesse L, Tankere E, Kamper D, Tan T. Static accuracy of resistive bend sensors. Proceedings of International Conference of the 39th IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Montreal, Canada, 2020.
- Vaidya M, Flint RD, Wang PT, Barry A, Li Y, Ghassemi M, Tomic G, Yao J, Carmona C, Mugler EM, Gallick S, Driver S, Brkic N, Ripley D, Liu C, Kamper D, Do AH, Slutzky MW. Hemicraniectomy in traumatic brain injury: a noninvasive platform to investigate high gamma activity for brain machine interfaces. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 2019; 27: 1467-1472.
- Nizamis K, Stienen AH, Kamper DG, Keller T, Plettenburg DH, Rouse EJ, Farina D, Koopman BF, Sartori M. Transferrable expertise from bionic arms to robotic exoskeletons. IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics 2019; 1: 88-96.
- Ghassemi M, Triandafilou K, Barry A, Stoykov ME, Roth E, Mussa-Ivaldi FA, Kamper D, Ranganathan R. Development of an EMG-controlled serious game for rehabilitation. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 2019; 27: 283-292.
- McCall J, Ludovice M, Kamper D. Rehabilitation of finger individuation in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics. Toronto, Canada, 2019.
- Lee SW, Vermillion BC, Geed S, Dromerick AW, Kamper DG. Impact of Targeted Assistance of Multiarticular Finger Musculotendons on the Coordination of Finger Muscles During Isometric Force Production. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2018;26:619-628.
- Jones C, Kamper D. Involuntary Neuromuscular Coupling between the Thumb and Finger of Stroke Survivors during Dynamic Movement. FRONTIERS IN NEUROLOGY. 2018;9:84.
- Triandafilou KM, Tsoupikova D, Barry AJ, Thielbar KN, Stoykov N, Kamper DG. Development of a 3D, networked multi-user virtual reality environment for home therapy after stroke. Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation. 2018;15:88.
- Barry AJ, Murray WM, Kamper DG. Development of a dynamic index finger and thumb model to study impairment. Journal of Biomechanics. 2018;77:206-210.
- Qiu D, Lee SW, Amine M, Kamper DG. Intersegmental kinetics significantly impact mapping from finger musculotendon forces to fingertip forces. Journal of Biomechanics. 2017;65:82-88.
- Conrad MO, Qiu D, Hoffmann G, Zhou P, Kamper DG. Analysis of muscle fiber conduction velocity during finger flexion and extension after stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, 2017; 24: 262-268.
- Thielbar K, Triandafilou K, Fischer H, O’Toole J, Corrigan M, Ochoa J, Stoykov ME, Kamper D. Benefits of using a voice and EMG-driven actuated glove to support occupational therapy for stroke survivors. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 2017; 25: 297-305.
- Tsoupikova D, Triandafilou K, Rupp G, Preuss F, Kamper D. Multi-user virtual reality therapy for post-stroke hand rehabilitation at home. Journal on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics 2016; 14: 67-71.
- Fischer H, Triandafilou K, Thielbar K, Ochoa J, Lazzaro E, Pacholski K, Kamper D. Use of a portable assistive glove to facilitate rehabilitation in stroke survivors with severe hand impairment. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 2016; 24: 344-51.
- Hoffmann G, Conrad M, Qiu D, Kamper D. Contributions of voluntary activation deficits to hand weakness after stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 2016; 23: 384-392.
- Wang F, Jones C, Qian K, Kamper D, Sarkar N. Design and evaluation of an actuated exoskeleton for examining motor control in stroke thumb. Advanced Robotics 2016; 30: 165-177.
- Stoykov M, Fischer H, Kamper D. A task-specific training protocol for individuals with moderate upper-limb hemiparesis improves motor function. American Journal of Occupational Therapy 2015; 69.
- Tsoupikova D, Stoykov N, Corrigan M, Thielbar K, Vick R, Li Y, Triandafilou K, Preuss F, Kamper D. Virtual immersion for post-stroke hand rehabilitation therapy. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2015; 43: 467-477.
- Thielbar K, Lord T, Fischer H, Lazzaro E, Barth K, Stoykov M, Triandafilou K, Kamper D. Training finger individuation with a mechatronic-virtual reality system leads to improved fine motor control post-stroke. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 2014; 11: 171.
- Triandafilou KM, Kamper DG. Carryover effects of cyclical stretching of the digits on hand function in stroke survivors. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2014; 95: 1571-6.
- Qian K, Traylor K, Lee SW, Ellis B, Weiss J, Kamper D. Mechanical properties vary for different regions of the finger extensor apparatus. Journal of Biomechanics 2014; 47: 3094-9.
- Kamper DG, Fischer HC, Conrad MO, Towles JD, Rymer WZ, Triandafilou K. Finger-thumb coupling contributes to exaggerated thumb flexion in stroke survivors. Journal of Neurophysiology 2014; 111: 2665-2674.
- Triandafilou KM, Ochoa JM, Kamper DG. Effect of static versus cyclic stretch on hand motor control in subacute stroke. International Journal of Neurorehabilitation 2014; 1: 124.
- Lee SW, Triandafilou K, Lock BA, Kamper DG. Impairment in task-specific modulation of muscle coordination correlates with the severity of hand impairment following stroke. PLoS One 2013; 8: e68745.
- Tsoupikova D, Stoykov N, Kamper D, Vick R. Virtual reality environment assisting post-stroke hand rehabilitation: case report. Student Health Technological Information 2013; 184: 458-64.
- Jones C, Wang F, Morrison R, Sarkar N, Kamper D. Design and development of a cable actuated finger exoskeleton for hand rehabilitation following stroke. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 2012; 19: 131-140.
- Triandafilou KM and Kamper DG. Investigation of hand muscle atrophy in stroke survivors. Clinical Biomechanics 2012; 123: 1200-6.
- Conrad MO and Kamper DG. Isokinetic strength and power deficits in the hand following stroke. Clinical Neurophysiology 2012; 27: 268-72.
- Triandafilou KM, Fischer HC, Towles JD, Kamper DG, Rymer WZ. Diminished capacity to modulate motor activation patterns according to task contributes to thumb deficits following stroke. Journal of Neurophysiology 2011; 106: 1644-51.
- Triandafilou KM, Ochoa J, Kang X, Fischer HC, Stoykov ME, Kamper DG. Transient impact of prolonged versus repetitive stretch on hand motor function in chronic stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 2011; 18: 316-24.
- Iwamuro BT, Fischer HC, Kamper DG. A pilot study to assess use of passive extension bias to facilitate finger movement for repetitive task practice after stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 2011; 18: 308-15.
- Hoffmann G, Schmit BD, Kahn JH, Kamper DG. Effect of sensory feedback from the proximal upper limb on voluntary isometric finger flexion and extension in hemiparetic stroke patients. Journal of Neurophysiology 2011; 106: 2546-56.
- Seo NJ, Fischer HW, Bogey RA, Rymer WZ, Kamper DG. Use of visual force feedback to improve digit force direction during pinch grip in persons with stroke: a pilot study. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2011; 92: 24-30.
- Seo NJ, Fischer HW, Bogey RA, Rymer WZ, Kamper DG. Effect of a serotonin antagonist on delay in grip muscle relaxation for persons with chronic hemiparetic stroke. Clinical Neurophysiology 2011; 122: 796-802.
- Lee SW, Wilson KM, Lock BA, Kamper DG. Subject-specific myoelectric pattern classification of functional hand movements for stroke survivors. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 2011; 19: 558-66.
- Towles JD, Kamper DG, Rymer WZ. Lack of hypertonia in thumb muscles after stroke. Journal of Neurophysiology 2010; 104: 2139-46.
- Connelly L, Jia Y, Toro ML, Stoykov ME, Kenyon RV, Kamper DG. A pneumatics glove and immersive virtual reality environment for hand rehabilitative training after stroke. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 2010; 18: 551-9.
- Seo NJ, Rymer WZ, Kamper DG. Altered digit force direction during pinch grip following stroke. Experimental Brain Research 2010; 202: 891-901.
- Cruz EG and Kamper DG. Use of a novel robotic interface to study finger motor control. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 2010; 38: 259-68.
- Lee SW and Kamper DG. Modeling of multiarticular muscles: importance of inclusion of tendon-pulley interactions in the finger. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 2009; 56: 2253-62.
- Seo NJ, Rymer WZ, Kamper DG. Delays in grip initiation and termination in persons with stroke: effects of arm support and active muscle stretch exercises. Journal of Neurophysiology 2009; 101: 3108-15.
- Hoffmann G, Kamper DG, Kahn JH, Schmit BD. Modulation of stretch reflexes of the finger flexors by sensory feedback from the proximal upper limb post-stroke Journal of Neurophysiology 2009: 102: 1420-9.
- Luo X, Kenyon RV, Kamper DG, Sandin DJ, DeFanti TA. On the determinants of size-constancy in a virtual environment. The International Journal of Virtual Reality 2009; 8: 43-51.
- Lee, SW, Chen H, Towles JD, Kamper DG. Effect of finger posture on the tendon force distribution within the finger extensor mechanism. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 2008; 130: 051014.
- Iwamuro BT, Cruz EG, Connelly LL, Fischer HC, Kamper DG. Effect of a gravity compensating orthosis on reaching after stroke: evaluation of the TA-WREX. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2008;89: 2121-8.
- Lee, SW, Chen H, Towles JD, Kamper DG. Estimation of the effective static moment arms of the tendons in the index finger extensor mechanism. Journal of Biomechanics 2008; 41: 1567-73.
- Fischer HC, Stubblefield K, Kline TL, Luo X, Kenyon RV, Kamper DG. Virtual reality and mechatronics for hand rehabilitation following stroke: a pilot study. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 2007; 14: 1-12.
- Simone LK, Sundarrajan N, Luo X, Jia Y, Kamper DG. A low cost instrumented glove for extended monitoring and functional hand assessment. Journal of Neuroscience Methods 2007; 160: 335-348.
- Kline TL, Schmit, BD, Kamper DG. Exaggerated interlimb neural coupling following stroke. Brain 2007; 130:159-169.